Medicard Limited (“Medicard”, “Us”, “Our” or “We”) is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. This Data Privacy Statement is provided to help you understand how we may collect, use, protect, and otherwise deal with your personal information collected by Medicard Limited.
You acknowledge that by providing your personal information to Medicard, you consent to the processing of your data in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement.
It should be read together with Terms and Conditions of use for our Services including websites and our products and services.
- Personal Data We Collect
You can visit the website without submitting any personal information to us.
We collect all information that you provide when using our Services. For example, when purchasing Medicard’s products/services, contacting us, requesting information, support, submitting feedback or by joining any of our mailing lists you may be asked for your basic details which may include (but is not limited to):
- Contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number)
- identification information (such as passport identification number, tax registration number or social security number, driver’s license, date of birth)
- demographic information (such as age range, marital status, gender)
- photographs such as those that you may submit for contests or prize winning competitions
- product specific information (such as preference, closed user group (CUGs), friends and family who you chose to include in your service plan, credit limit)
- banking information (such as direct debit and related bill payment banking transactions)
- credit card details and card holder information (“Billing Information”)**
- service account information (such as call usage, account balances, transaction history, credit information, billing, loyalty points)
**Your billing information is collected and handled by a third party credit card processor (First Atlantic Commerce) and is protected by their own security procedures.
We typically collect information when you use your devices to access our Services including when:
- You use the wide range of products and services that are offered or for which you may choose to opt-in;
- Make customer enquiries, register for information or other services;
- Respond to communications from us (such as SMS, emails, questionnaires or surveys);
- Interact with Medicard websites such as submitting an application form, completing survey form, using online services. (If your browser has Internet cookies enabled it can facilitate Medicard tracking of personal preferences, pages visited etc..);
- Participate on Medicard’s social media pages such as Facebook;
- Participate in Medicard’s promotional events, incentive or loyalty programs;
- Provide information through Medicard’s customer call centers, dealers and sales channels or any other affiliates or business dealings with Medicard by which you have consented to provide your personal information.
- How your Personal Data is Used
Your personal data is used only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose for which you provided such information to us and to fulfil our business objectives. For example, if you contacted us with a question or concern and provided your name and email address. We will use this information to respond to your concerns via the email provided. Some of the other ways we use your information includes (but is not limited to):
- service related issues;
- technical support;
- billing purposes;
- to enhance your customer service experience by providing you with specific products and services tailored to meet your needs;
- for general marketing campaigns;
- network protection; and
- legal and regulatory compliance.
- Sharing of Personal Data
Medicard does not sell, trade, transfer or otherwise share your information except in the following instances:
- as required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your security, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request;
- with Medicard service providers, and contracted third parties who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them. Medicard ensures that all these third parties have signed contracts that include confidentiality and data protections clauses;
- with our business partners for Medicard’s marketing activities, in such case no specific personally identifiable information is provided, as such information is generally aggregated;
- with third parties for research and development purposes in such case no specific personally identifiable information is provided;
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates within our group of companies;
We may share and transfer your information to our vendors, partners, suppliers (altogether “our service providers” across the world). These service providers have signed contracts with us provide for a strict duty to keep all personal information confidential and to use it only for the purpose for we have contracted them in an accordance with strict policies consistent with our commitment to keep you information confidential and secure.
- Right to Choose
You have the freedom to opt-in or opt-out at your sole discretion for receiving certain emails from Medicard Limited. These may include any promotional offers, miscellaneous monthly news, merchant updates or any other information considered relevant by Medicard Limited administrators. However, we may still need to contact our members regarding their use of our service.
- Links to other websites
- Data Transfers and Storage
We may have to transfer data to jurisdictions outside of the justification where we collect such information. In these circumstances, Medicard will ensure secure data transfers using secure technologies and practices to secure data from unauthorized access or interception. Where such transfer it to a non-Medicard associated companies, we shall ensure that we have signed contracts containing the relevant protective clauses.
The above notwithstanding, please be aware that communications over the public Internet, such as emails/webmails, facsimile, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Intranet. Medicard cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- Data Retention
Medicard retains data for a specific period of time required, however certain data can be retained for longer periods as required by the laws of the territory within which the specific service is operated.
- Consent and Withdrawal of your consent
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. There are safety procedures and other security technology in place to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to data being transferred between You, Medicard Limited and our discount service providers. We also engage well-known technologies including but not limited to firewalls, intrusion detection, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), routine network vulnerability assessment and 24 x 7 monitoring of its network. Please be aware that although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- Privacy Support & Inquiries
If you have concerns or questions regarding this Privacy Statement or if you wish to update your personal information or stop the collection of your personal information, please contact us at:
- Changes to Privacy Statement